Resistance bands are elastic bands that are usually used for physical therapy and strength training. Resistance bands workouts greatly to tone and activate the muscles. They are also useful in building up one’s core strength.
- Tones and strengthens the muscles
As a resistance band stretches when pulled, it creates tension in your muscles. So this causes the muscles to contract. Hence the more one tries to pull the band; the more intense the resistance will be. This helps to tone and strengthen the muscles.
- More variety
The use of dumbles and barbells can feel restrictive as you must exercise in a vertical position. However, a resistance bands workout offers more options as one can perform exercises standing up and lying down.
- Good for rehabilitation
These workout sessions are good for people who are in recovering from a muscle-related or sports injury. This is mainly because resistance bands do not exert as much pressure on the joints as weights. They are light and useful for targeting specific muscles.
5 Resistance Bands Workouts
Resistance bands are versatile and can also be used to perform a slew of exercises. Here are 5 workout routines you must not miss trying out:
1. Full body workout
In this session, there are 12 exercises that you need to do.
- Squat with the overhead press- 10-12 reps
- High row- 10-12 reps
- Split squat with lateral raise- 10-12 reps
- Resisted sprinter- as many as possible for 30 seconds. Repeat 3-5 times.
- Bent-over row- 10-12 reps
- Assisted squat- 10-12 reps
- Resisted long jump- 10-12 reps
- Balancing chest press-10-12 reps per leg
- Standing oblique crunch- 10-12 reps per leg
- Flying bird- 10-12 reps on each side
- Boat pose to hollow back extension- 10-12 reps
- Moving x-squats- 10-12 reps
2. Legs workout
In this workout session, there are 6 exercises that you must focus on doing.
- Banded step-outs- 20 reps
- Split squat using resistance band – 20 reps on each side
- Deadlift using resistance band – 20 reps
- Banded clamshell- 20 reps on each side
- Lying leg extension- 20 reps on each side
- Glute bridge using resistance band – 20 reps
3. Hip workout
For the hip workout routine, get ready to perform the following exercise.
- Outer-thigh lift while standing- 10- 20 on each side
- Squat and sideway leg lift- 10- 20 on each side
- Pilates clam knee tap or heel tap- 10- 20 on each side
- Hip raise without and in one leg movement- 10- 20 on each side
- Kneeling pilates sidekick- 10- 12 on each side
4. Butt workout
The below exercises are great for strengthing your glutes.
- Glute bridge- 10–15 reps
- Banded clamshell- 10–15 reps
- Donkey kick-10–15 reps
- Fire hydrant- 10–15 reps
- Plank jack-10–15 reps
- Kneeling leg lift- 10–15 reps
5. Upper body workout
The following set of exercises are ideal for building upper body strength.
- Curtsy curl- 12 reps
- Anti-rotation press- 3 reps
- Overhead extension- 12 reps
- Chest press- 15 reps
- Side plank pull-down- 10 reps
- Lunge and row- 12 reps
Whether you want to give your fitness routine an exciting twist or are recuperating from an injury, resistance band workout can help you reach your goals. So do give them a go!
Resistance Band Workout Kit: https://www.gymhero.sg/shop/innstar-resistance-bands-training-kit/
Benefits of Resistance Workouts:https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/fitness/resistance-band-the-workout-accessory-that-can-take-your-home-workouts-a-notch-higher/photostory/76899020.cms?picid=76899128